Thursday, April 2, 2020

The final project dilema

Whew! These past few weeks have been crazy. The experience that everyone in the world is going through right now is absolutely surreal.  There are so many issues, big and small. Fortunately, I would say, that my problems are smaller than most when compared to everyone in the world right now. Although they are small they are still real and significant. Recently my mom and I have been discussing with my AICE Media teacher about how I should go about finishing the final project for this class. My teacher has been trying, I'm sure, with everything she has going on to help direct my group members and me on what to do. And although she is trying it is not much help due to the fact that there is not much we can do. We started filming, with me as the director/editor, Derrek as the main character, and Jahzenyah as an extra/assistance to me. Due to all of our individual roles, it is almost impossible to continue with the same work that we were doing. I cannot meet up with Derrek nor Jahzenyah, we may not film in any of the public places we had intended to, and I am the only one with proper filming and editing equipment. At first, I had thought to re-do the entire film, new plot and all, and make it my own, but my teacher said no to that due to the lack of time. This frustrated me because regardless of the time I would have to refilm everything anyway. Still, my teacher said no, and I have to respect that. My second thought was to tweak the plot, due to the recommendation of my teacher. It was really hard to come to terms with this route due to the fact that my teacher had expressed to us that this final project would be a reflection of our work and progress since the exam was canceled. This had me worried because there is no way this final project will be in any way a reflection of our hard work. It will be us getting by with what we can make of it. I say this because with having a film centered around one person you cannot film in locations you may not go, how will it get done efficiently? I have worked hard in this class and I would hate to see all that work get discredited by the terrible circumstances we are in. I then realized that all I can do is try my hardest with what I have. So I reached out to both group members and am trying to plan out a tweaked plot and how to go about it with them. Unfortunately for me, I will be doing most of the work. As much as I wish this project was canceled or at least postponed, I care about not only my grade but my group members' grade so I am willing to do most of the work. We have spent highschool working for our Cambridge diploma. This is serious for all of us. So I will sacrifice time and dedication to get this project done mainly by myself. These are hard times and people all around the world are working and putting in extra effort in an attempt to fix and normalize everything, including teachers like my own. So although I know my problem is small it still is valid and I like others choose work and put in the extra effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment